Friday, December 9, 2016

Father Knows Best

Father Knows Best

by Lucretia Mccloud
(poem with copyright)





How can this be?...

"Whoever trusts in his own heart
is stupid."

Can this/does this
really apply

to me?... Surely,
permitting my heart to dictate
is no mistake!

Isn't this the advice a majority makes?


But, it is true,
the Creator does say:

"The heart
is more treacherous
than anything else

and is desperate.

Who can know it?"

So if it
I let lead... what exactly is at stake?


"The one who walks in wisdom

will escape."

Will escape what?

Is this not a question
on which all must meditate?


Yes,

since wisdom is a treasure
buried

that must be found

relying upon ones own introspection
may not prove reasonably sound

since admonished:

"Do not rely
on your own understanding.

In all your ways
take notice of him,

And he will make your paths straight."

So to,

"Trust in Jehovah
with all your heart,"

is the path well-lit
where the wise one

pronto

starts.

Searching the Holy Scriptures
will provide solid proof.

Causing sincere one's to promise:
"I will walk in your truth."

In time one needs to request:

"Unify my heart
to fear your name."

For Him to:

"Search through me, O God,
and know my heart.

Examine me,
and know my anxious
thoughts.

See whether there is in me any harmful way,
And lead me

in the way of eternity."

This
in utmost sincerity

I Petition; I Pray

in recognition
that

Our Father Knows Best.

Then imagine
this amazing reply:

"My son,

if your heart becomes wise,
then my own heart will rejoice."

Does not this personal attention
bring grateful tears to your eyes?





No comments:

Post a Comment