Monday, July 13, 2015

WHY PRAY?


Why Pray
by Seah Greenhorn
(poem with copyright)


Why pray?

To stay
attached to my Father,

"Our Father in heaven."

As the "Hearer of prayer"

it's no bother, since
"to you people of all sorts will come."

He cares

so I happily share

my tears, fears, cheers.

He's all ears
to my ramblings; Not turning away

from my stumblings
as long as I try.

Though he knows when
"my errors have
overwhelmed me."

He "who supplies endurance and comfort"

who "cannot lie" or die

Will always be there to hear my pleadings
grant my petitions, be pleased with my
thanksgivings;

yet, feel me in my supplications.

He tells me to pour out my heart;
to trust in him.

He's "grasping" my "right hand, ...
saying

'Do not be afraid.

I myself will help you.'"

This is why I pray.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20151001/

No comments:

Post a Comment